Copyright is a bundle of rights that protect literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works, as well as sound recordings, films, photographs, multi-media works and computer software. These rights prevent unauthorized use of the work, whether by reproduction, performance, broadcast or other means.
We advise on all aspects of copyright in Vietnam, from ownership, registration, exploitation and licensing to enforcement, including:
- Advice on establishment and protection of copyrights and related rights.
- Advice, assistance, and participation in the negotiation of copyright licenses and/or assignments as well as drafting, reviewing and finalizing license contracts of copyrights and other related rights.
- Opposition and cancellation of bad faith copyright registration.
- Enforcement of copyrights and related rights including sending cease & desist letters, and coordinating with the competent enforcement authorities to take legal action against piracy acts.
- Representing clients in court proceedings relating to copyrights and other related rights.
- Other matters relating to copyrights.