The Vietnam Food Administration (“VFA) under the Ministry of Health is the authority in charge of State management of processed food, food supplements, food additives, food colorants & flavors. While the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (“MARD”) is in responsible for the management of all fresh foods and raw materials. The existing management systems and legislation are quite complex and require careful attention in order to be in compliance.
Our services in this sector include:
Approvals & Registration of Food & Food Supplements
- Advice on regulatory affairs and other legal aspects regarding the necessary approvals and permits for food, food ingredients, food supplements and the like in Vietnam.
- Advice on and preparation of application dossiers for approval (product notification) as well as submission and follow-up of the evaluation process at the authorities.
- Advice and assistance in obtaining all relevant approvals, and permits in accordance with the legal regulations for production, import, export and sale of food and food supplements in Vietnam.
- Advice and support in labeling compliance, preparing labels and artwork for food and food supplements in Vietnamese and in accordance with the legal regulations on the circulation of food and food supplements in Vietnam.
- Advice and assistance in product experimental tests, safety, quality and hygiene tests for food, foods supplement, food ingredients, and additives in Vietnam.
- Other relevant matters relating to the approval of production, storage, transportation, sale, advertisement, and promotion of food and food supplements in Vietnam.
- Advice on regulatory affairs and other legal aspects of doing business in food & food supplements, such as Declaration of Conformity of food products, product safety & hygiene, import & export, qualify control, site inspection, and representation of clients before consumer and State authorities.
- Compliance legal due diligence to find out any possible problems, matters and advice and assistance of remedial actions in accordance with prevailing law.
- Advice and assistance and representation in handling complaints, safety and hygiene claims, sanitary requirements and environment protection, and unfair competition during the circulation of food and food supplements in the market.
- Any other regulatory matters during the operation of businesses in food and food supplements in Vietnam.